Saturday 24 October 2009

Evaluation and Final Edit of Prelim Task (2nd)

Looking over our video I thought as a group we did really well. The continuity was smooth and I feel our video is to a reassembly good standard, however there is lots of room to improve.

We opened up on a two shot of Will and CJ sitting on the ground talking, this was good and I liked how we panned up to follow Will as he began his journey, however the next shot that follows is very dull and next time I would look at different ways of making the journey more interesting. Next the POV from the stairs, this shot I thought was one of our best it was interesting and saved the journey from being completely dull, going in to the high angle shot which I thought was a good way of showing the actors surroundings. The POV getting into the lift lasted to long and I don't think was necessary either, I think if I were to film that section again I would have a mid shot from inside the lift as will enters. The pan coming out of the lift was nice and smooth but once again was to long, maybe a upward angle shot would have been nice to use instead. Finally when he gets to the room we had the POV as our actor is instructed to push not pull the door, I think personally this was our best shot, it was interesting and wasn't to shaky either. Our conversation between our actors was good, with over the shoulder shots. Also what was good about it was it was pasty and didn't drag on for to long . Finally our the end shot as will exits, the zoom on to the pens was not the best.

Overall comments: There are quite a thew bits I would do differently if given the chance. The transactions needed to quicker and more interesting. I think especially if we are making the thriller the need to make shots more interesting and the whole think a lot quicker paste is a necessity.

1 comment: