Friday 23 October 2009

Introduction to Editting (2nd Prelim task)

This was really interesting for me as I had only edited before on a Microsoft software already installed on the computer. The software we used was really interesting, also I didn't find it to complicated to use.



When we started to edit our footage we firstly watched back what we had and then edited the shots we were going to use, this was a long process of having to keep rewinding and watching back the clip and making sure that our continuity was perfect. Also making sure that we didn't edit the clips wrong and have poor continuity with the transition between the shots.



When we had edited all of our footage and had put it all together and looking over our final video there was something not quite right with it. After we looked over it again we could see that some of our shots were not interesting enough or went on for to long, It wasn't the conversation part of the video that was boring it was some parts of the journey. As the journey wasn't the most important part of the video we decided to cut around the problem and fuse some shots together, after we done this our video looked better and more interesting. This was a good lesson we learnt, and I'd rather make the mistakes now than when we come to making our thriller film.



I was over all pleased with how the editing session went, now I think I have a better understanding of how the editing software works. Next time I would like to learn how music is added to the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment