Thursday 24 September 2009

An Introduction to Myself

Hello,
my name is Joseph Cocklin, I am in the theatre strand at The BRIT school. I was very happy to find out I had recieved a place for the media AS course as I want to go on to University to study both drama and media. I have been looking at jobs in the field and I am really attracted to the job as a AD; first, second or third.

My favorite movies are:
Pulp Fiction Written and directed by Quenten Tarrantino. I love Tarrentino's way of presenting film by chapters and slowly revealing the story line, Pulp Fiction I feel is his best movie with great performances from Samuel Jackson. John Travolta, Bruce willis and Tim Roff. Even though Tim is only in it for a small amount his character always has a strong impact in his cafe scenes. With Samuel Jackson delivering a fantastic monolouge, "The path of the rightress man..".

One of my other Favourite movies is The Elephant man, directed by David lynch. One of the main reasons I love this movie is the impact it has through out the movie; of constent sympathy the 'Elephant man'. The decision to make the film in black and white was a really good idea this was to make it less grusome to the humna eye when the elephant is first revealed. My favourite party of the film is when a group of people intrude into 'The Elephant Man's' room, When he is being man handled the director chose to add carnival music growing in volume throughout the scene, this is a really good effect and plays on thre heart strings of its audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment